Wednesday, February 20, 2008

rrj#4

RRJ #4 Core class
EAP1 A
Mr.Robinson
Giljae Yeo

Reference
Blue L. (Friday, Feb. 08, 2008). Are Plastic Baby Bottles Harmful? Retrieved Feb. 20, 2008 from http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1711398,00.html

Vocabulary

estrogen – oestrogen is a hormone produced in the ovaries of female animals
variety – change, diversity, variation
Establishment – an organization or system is the act of creating it or beginning it
Ingest – every ingestion of food can affect our mood or thinking processes
Inconclusive – if research or evidence is inconclusive, it has not proved anything
Legislator – is a person who is involved in making or passing laws
Shortage – deficiency, want, lack, scarcity, dearth, paucity

Summary
In Laura Blue’s article, “Are plastic baby bottle harmful?” the article talk about many people want to prove scientifically safety of baby bottles. The researcher investigations about baby bottles are detrimental. The report proposal that chemical makeup of bisphenol A, it make leach more milk or juice than in water. Moreover, manufacturing company show safety of levels expose to hisphenol A when they make baby bottles. However, people who disagree say it is not safety because safety number is not for infant, but for adult. But this contention is not scientifically correct because the study had tested with animals, so it is difficult to apply to human.

Reaction
When I read this article, I think plastic baby bottle is harmful because today’s many people argue about baby bottle. They have to have proved scientifically when they sell baby bottle. When I was baby, it may use to baby bottle. In fact, I do not know what affects to human because I take no interest. But, if I have a baby, I did not use to baby bottle because always parents feel anxiety. Actually, if it is proved scientifically, I will use these products because I want to more safety when I use these products. So, scientist should prove these problems. I have one question. What does “ hisphenol A” mean?

No comments: